We are an intermediate gold mining company, with four producing mines and two significant development projects in three continents. In 2012, we produced approximately 412,000 ounces of gold. Everywhere we operate, we are a significant participant in the local communities, and a major economic contributor. We understand that our success and prosperity depend on our ability to earn the welcome of our host communities and regions—a welcome that comes from our demonstrated respect for local culture, care and concern for the environment, and support for the long-term economic well-being of local communities.
We are committed to contributing to sustainable development wherever we operate by acting ethically and with integrity, and by taking responsibility for the impacts of our decisions and actions on communities and the environment. We consistently apply this approach through the mine life cycle, from early exploration, development, operation, and decommissioning to mine closure.
We are a company with a strong set of values and we use these values to guide everything we do.
New Gold Values
INTEGRITY – Do what’s right
- Safety in all we do
- Be honest, trustworthy and ethical
- Demonstrate environmental and stakeholder responsibility
- Seek continuous improvement
- Implement positive change
- Encourage creative thinking
- Be bold – think outside of the box
- Do what you say you are going to do
- Be accountable, take personal responsibility
- Agree on goals and measure results
- Be persistent in the pursuit of our goals
- Everyone will have a development plan
- Access to relevant training
- Regular constructive dialogue on job performance and development
- The whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Working to common goals
- Respect for one another
- Leveraging individual contribution